Last update: 2019.06.08
XJTU do offer on-campus internet service in dormitories.
- Price: 30 RMB/month
- Speed: 100/100 Mb/s link, not guaranteed
- Ethernet interface (LAN socket)
- Bring your own router (can be bought on-campus, price ranging from 50 to 120 RMB)
- Students in double-room must share the same account.
This setup guide is simplified version for intermediate to advance users.
- Connect your router to the wall ethernet socket.
- Access the router’s configuration menu (usually: 192.168.1.1) on your computer.
- Configure the connection protocol to PPPoE (not DHCP nor static ip). User the username and password provided by XJTU network center.
- Your connection should be established. Try connecting to baidu.com or www.xjtu.edu.cn.
Check your remaining credit
- Input your username and password, then you should be able to see the expiration date as shown below.