The RP is the document that you need to stay in China for a longer period of time. You should apply for it within 30 days of arrival.
- Health checkup is likely to take a long time.
- You should apply for it within 30 days of arrival.
- Visa and resident permit application form (3 pieces)
- Confirmation letter from XJTU
- Admission Notice
- Visa application form for study in China (JW202)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Residence Record
- Tuition receipt
- Four passport-sized photos
- Fee of residence registration (400 RMB/year)
- Get the prepared documents from the instructor at SIE.
- Make sure that the application form is printed as one piece of paper (double-sided) with the school seal at the end.
- You may be asked to deposit 200 RMB in cash only. Do prepare some cash.
- Go to West 13 dormitory building (building no. 25) to get residency receipt from the aunt (She does not speak English).
- Go to the PSB at TAI BAI NAN LU to submit the application for RP. Use the correct entrance (see instruction on the PSB page).
- Take a picture on the first floor and take the picture with the PSB system. (Warning: They do not speak English)
- Go to the second floor, queue up, and follow their instruction.
- You will be asked to pay the RP fee at this step (in cash only).
- You will leave your passport with them for the RP.
- Make sure to get the A4 document as your tempolary travel document. The date for fetching your passport is on this document. Also, keep the receipt.
- Wait for about 1 month. You cannot leave China at this time.
- Go to the PSB again for to fetch the RP in your passport. Bring the RP A4 document with you.
- Register back at the West 13 dormitory to confirm your residency with the new RP.
- Go to SIE again to confirm that you have successfully applied for the RP and update your RP information.
- If you have deposited cash, you may refund them at this step.
- For step 3: 50 minutes by public transport each leg + [30 to 60+] at the PSB, it will take VERY LONG especially at the beginning of the academic year
- In the peak period of the year (new academic year), line may form at in the morning BEFORE the PSB is open. If you really need to be the first person in line, you need to arrived ~20 minutes early.
- To apply for the 1-year RP, you can do it at the police station near the south west gate (西南门 XI NAN MEN). Once arrived, go right and follow the same procedure (Step 3). Also, fetch your document back from the same place (not the PSB).
Last Update: February 10th, 2019